Sunday, 23 December 2012

"Let´s practice reading"

Read and colour the clothes of the family

This is Ben´s family. 


Ben is a boy which likes play with his skate. He has got red shorts and blue sweater. 
His grandfather has got a brown suit and black beret.
Ben´s brother has a phone and green trousers. 
Ben´s sister is Maria. Maria can´t walk because she is a baby. She has got a red blanket. 
Ben has another sister, Susan. She has got a purple skirt and an orange sweater.
His mother is wearing a pink shirt and black jeans.
His father is wearing grey shirt and blue trousers. 
All shoes are brown.


6 comments:

  1. Good afternoon Sara.

    I find this simple exercise quite interesting to be used in an English classroom. It could be a good idea to show the blog to the pupils with the IWB and give them a photocopy with the picture. To make the activity more complete, apart from coloring the clothes they could identify and write the name of the different characters. Then, they could be asked to write two more questions about the picture or to think about them and say the instructions to a partner in order to complete the drawing.

    Best wishes

    Raquel Eslava

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sara!

    I like your activity “This is Ben´s family”. I think it is a useful activity to work reading skill and vocabulary of colours and family members. Furthermore, I find it interesting to work in the classroom because it is easy and attractive to children.
    When the drawings are completed we will be able to see if the students know the colours and if they have understood the text of the description.
    That is, they will think they are only painting, but at the same time, they will be learning and developing English skills.

    Regards and thanks for sharing your great blog with us.

    Celia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I really love this exercies! I think that is very simple but very useful,and it is also dinamic, because they have to paint and they love painting!
    I have seen diferent actvities about reading and comprehesion which are very difficult for children to understand and at the end, all of the activities want to teach the same: Reading, that's why I think that this activity is perfect for children.
    Besides, they practice vocabulary with the name of the color.

    Here it is my blog if you want to check it!
    http://havingfunwith.blogspot.com.es/

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simplicity never was so useful!
    It is a very good exercise to know in a glance if pupils understand what they are reading!
    I will use it, I promise you.
    Congratulations for your idea!

    Bye.
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great exercise!

    Very easy to understand for kids and it really show you if the pupils know the colours!

    Congratulations for your work!

    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sara,

    I like this activity very much.
    It is simple but at the same time complete.
    I can use it with my students of the firsts grades of Primary when working the unit of Clothes. Because is a good way to practice the vocabulary learnt and to review the colors.
    It can be useful to start introducing the 'possessive s' concept. Although it is very complicated to understand by our students, with this activity we can make it easier to learn.

    Thank you very much.

    Regards,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete